Competition #: 2022-02
Position: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: In accordance with the APSEA/NSGEU Collective Agreement
Application Deadline: Noon, January 20th, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: Early February, 2022
Who We Are
APSEA is an interprovincial cooperative agency established in 1975 by joint agreement among the Ministers of Education of New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
APSEA provides educational services, programs, and opportunities for children and youth who are Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, or visually impaired who reside in Atlantic Canada. Our employees support learners to reach their highest potential for an independent, self-sufficient, and fulfilling life.
What We Offer
APSEA offers meaningful opportunities to help make a difference in the lives of children, youth, and their families. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive, and inclusive.
In joining APSEA's team, you would receive:
- Access to a Pension Plan
- Access to Comprehensive Health and Dental benefits
- Discounted gym program rates
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Learning Opportunities
- Free onsite parking
The Shipping Clerk, reporting to the Finance and Administration Officer, ensures that employees, students/families and other stakeholders receive deliveries of equipment, supplies and other goods in a timely manner that minimizes delivery errors.
The incumbent will work closely with a wide range of APSEA departments including but not limited to: Information Technology (equipment); Library (student and staff materials), Alternate Format (various documents), Audiology (specialized audiological equipment); and Purchasing (staff materials).
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are among APSEA’s guiding principles. Moreover, diversity within APSEA is a strength that must be cultivated. It is the responsibility of every APSEA employee to foster a culture that embraces and promotes diversity.
Education & Qualifications
- Completion of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time is required;
- The ability to lift items weighing up to 23 kilograms (~50lbs) is required;
- Prior experience in shipping or warehousing is preferred;
- Ability to interpret and apply APSEA and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay close attention to detail;
- Knowledge and skills are required for the efficient use of current technology and software programs related to office administration such as Word and Excel;
- Must be able to work with limited supervision, balancing multiple responsibilities;
- Sound judgment is required to plan, organize and execute duties to ensure effective daily shipping operations;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Culturally responsive with the ability to apply knowledge, experience and commitment in the areas of race relations, cross cultural understanding, human rights and diversity;
Offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials.
NOTE: Due to recent Provincial COVID-19 requirements, we require the successful candidate to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status in order to be hired.
APSEA is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, APSEA will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Julia Pascucci, email@example.com.
$36,984.48 - $37,699.48